Practice Assam gk online test here. Assam gk mock test contains questions from Assam general knowledge. This online test of Assam gk quiz is based Assam history, geography, culture, rivers, lakes and devi devta and historical persons. Competition based gk quiz in is helpful for all students preparing for Competition exams conducted for government jobs. Mock test helps students to understand pattern of competition exams. online mock test in is helpful for speaking students. We provide full test series and previous years solved model papers . Students preparing for teachers exam after bstc and bed can be benefited from our website . Multiple choice questions or mcq of Assam gk is useful in RAS, IAS, patwari, teachers, police constable . free Assam gk mcq in provided on our website clear every aspect about people and area of this state.
Basic facts about Assam
Assam comes under the North-Eastern states included in the Seven Sisters. It was formed in 1956 on 1 November. Assam is surrounded by states like Tripura, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh and West Bengal. It also shares borders with Bhutan and Bangladesh.
- Capital City: Dispur
- Official language: Assamese, Bodo
- State Animal: One-horned Rhinoceros
- State Bird: White-winged Wood Duck
- Major river: Brahmaputra, Manas, Subansiri, Sonai
- State Flower: Foxtail Orchid
- State Tree: Halong
Let us check all the rest of the facts about Assam General Knowledge through the following questions and answers. First of all, check the questions and try to answer them. After that, just go to the answer section and learn them.
Assam General Knowledge: Questions
1. The cultural capital of Assam?
2. Which is the oldest refinery in India?
3. Which city is known as the light of the east?
4. The former name of Guwahati?
5. Smallest biosphere reserve in India?
6. Which river is called sorrow of Assam?
7. The official animal of Guwahati
8. Which singer is known as the ‘Bard of the Brahmaputra’?
9. Which island in river Brahmaputra is accredited as the biggest riverine island in the Guinness book?
10. Which district in Assam is supposed to be carbon-free by 2020?
11. Who is the present Chief Minister of Assam?
12. Who is the present Governor of Assam?
13. Siva Thappa hailing from Assam is associated with which sports item?
14. In which year Crude Oil was drilled in Assam for the first time?
15. Ramsar site/s in Assam.
16. Which is the most important Ahom festival, the ancestor worship festival, observed by the whole Ahom community?
17. The widely practiced occupation in Assam is
18. National Parks in Assam
19. Chief Justice of Assam
20. First Assamese film
21. Name the longest bridge in India Dhola Sadiya is built over which river?
22. The smallest district in Assam(area-wise)
23. How many wildlife sanctuaries are there in Assam?
24. World Heritage sites in Assam.
25. Waterways in Assam
26. First Assamese film to win National award
27. The first recipient of the Assam Valley Literary Award (known as Asom Upotyaka Sahitya Bota in Assamese)
28. Who established the Ahom kingdom in the medieval period?
29. The only awardee for Padma Vibhushan from Assam?
30. The Padmasri winners from Assam 2020?
31. Name the airport in Assam, named after its first chief minister?
Assam General Knowledge: Answers
1. Jorhat 2. Digboi 3. Guwahati 4. Pragjyotishpura 5. Dibru Saikhova 6. Brahmaputra
7. Ganga Dolphin (It is the first city in India to have an official animal).
8. Bhupan Hasarika 9. Majuli 10. Majuli 11. Sarbananda Sonowal 12. Jagdish Mukhi
13. Boxing 14. 1889
15. Deepor Beel ( It is a permanent freshwater lake and added to Ramsar sites in November 2002).
Bihu(most important), Baishagu, Ali-Ai-Ligang, Baikho, Rongker, Rajini Gabra Harni Gabra, Bohaggiyo Bishu, Ambubashi Mela and Jonbill Mela. The tribals of Assam have their own colorful festivals like the Kherai Puja of the Bodos, the Baikhu, and Pharkantis of the Rabhas, Ali-ai-ligang, and Parag of the Mishing tribe, the Sagra-Misawa wansawa and laghun of the Tiwas.
17. Jhum farming
18. 5 National Parks. Kaziranga National Park, Manas National Park, Dibru-Saikhowa National Park, Nameri National Park, Rajiv Gandhi Orang National Park.
19. Justice Ajjikuttira Somaiah Bopanna
20. Joymoti (The film was released on 10 March 1935).
21. Lohit (The length of the bridge is 9.15 km and connects Arunachal Pradesh( Dhola ghat) and Assam (sadiya ghat)).
22. Kamrup Metro (The area-wise largest district is Karbi Anglong
WildLife Sancuatries includes:
Amchang, Barail, Barnadi, Bherjan-Borajan-Padumoni, Burachapori, Chakrashila, Deepor Beel, Dihing Patkai, East Karbi Anglong, Garampani, Hollongapar Gibon, Lawkhowa, Marat Longri, Nambor, Nambor Doigrung, Pobitora, Pani-Dihing Bird, Sonai Rupai.
24. Kaziranga National Park and Manas Wildlife Sanctuary
25. Water-ways– (i) NW2-Sadiya-Dhubri stretch of Brahmaputra River, 891 Km, (ii) NW6-Barak River, 71Km, (iii) NW16 Barak River, 121, (iv) NW18 Beki River, 73, (v) NW30 Dihing River,114.
26. Halodhia Choraye Baodhan Khai (1988)
27. Bhabendra Nath Saikia.
The other major awards are:
- Asom Sahitya Sabha Awards for literature.
- Srimanta Sankardeva Award to honor persons of eminence in the field of Journalism, Art, Culture, and Literature. The annual award was given by the Government of Assam.
- Anundoram Barooah Award for a scholar of Assamese language, literature, culture or linguistics. The annual award was given by Anundoram Barooah Institute of Language, Art, and Culture.
- Bishnu Rabha Award for a contribution towards the Assamese culture.
- Assam Valley Literary Award by Williamson Magor Education Trust. Awards eminent writers of Assam and their work that embodies and upholds human values and dignity.
- Munin Borkotoky Award by Munin Borkotoky Memorial Trust. This award is given to young and promising writers (below 40 years) writing in Assamese for their works (published or unpublished) of literary criticism or of creative literature.
- Lachit Award is given to the best sports personality of the year with a proven track record.
- Publication Board Award goes to the author of the best Assamese book published during the past 3 years. Since 1973.
- Prabina Saikia Award, since 1999, instituted by Ason Lekhika Santha is given to a female Assamese writer for outstanding contribution to creative writing.
28. Chaolung Sukhaphaa
29. Shri Bimal Prasad Chaliha
30. Dr. Kushal Konwar Sarma, Shri Jogendra Nath Phukan, Dr. Ravi Kannan R., Shri Lil Bahadur Chettri, Ms. Indira P. P. Bora
31. Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, Guwahati
There are 6 airports in Assam- Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport; Mohanbari Airport, Dibrugarh; Lilabari Airport, Lakhimpur; Salonibari Airport, Tezpur; Rowriah Airport, Jorhat; Kumbhirgram Airport, Silchar.